Need a free Thanksgiving printable poem for your kindergarten, first, or second grade classrooms this November? This Thanksgiving poem is great for fluency work while introducing holiday vocabulary. I loved using poetry in my classrooms! So many mini-lessons and comprehension strategies can be addressed without taking up a massive amount of instructional time. An additional idea that can help with fluency is to video record your students reading the poems. Something about performing for an audience seems to help with rate and intonation!
Download our Thanksgiving poem for kids!
As with all of our freebies:
- if you choose to feature this, please link to this post NOT the PDF
- it is for personal/classroom/homeschool use ONLY
- this file is not to be hosted ANYWHERE but this site
p.s. Our shop is LOADED with Thanksgiving fun…
This Thanksgiving emergent reader bundle is a real steal,
and perfect for your emergent readers!
Stay connected with us at The Classroom Creative:
- Google :: instagram :: bloglovin’
- Facebook :: Pinterest :: Twitter
- Email :: Teachers Pay Teachers :: Teacher’s NotebookHappy Thanksgiving!Nicolette