In my son’s eyes, decorating for the holidays is the most exciting part about Christmas. Use my free ornament printables to create your own beautiful crayon resist watercolored Christmas ornaments. We used this technique and a few color theories we learned from my Elements of Art Ornaments pack. To display the watercolor ornaments, I strung them with ribbon. This Christmas craft would look great as a Christmas bulletin board, bunting, or simply hung from ceilings. Fill your home or classroom with Christmas spirit while turning this craft into a short art lesson.
- card stock or watercolor paper
- watercolor paint brush
- Print the free printable ornaments on watercolor paper or card stock.
- Color the ornaments with crayons where you do not want the the watercolor to fill the paper. (Explain to the kids this is known as “crayon resist”. Ask them why they think crayons resists water for a little science lesson!)
- Watercolor the ornaments.
- Hang and display!
Stay connected with us at The Classroom Creative
- Google :: Instagram :: bloglovin’
- Facebook :: Pinterest :: Twitter
- Email :: Teachers Pay Teachers :: Teacher’s Notebook