I created this charming fall acorn garland for Autumn with my son. We had it up well past Thanksgiving! I like the according style top, if you know me- I am all about textures. Follow my instructions below and grab my acorn template so you too can create this easy acorn garland craft!
I choose to fold the top of the acorn accordion style to create texture and visual interest. My son liked this step the most! I braided hemp string for a rustic look and spaced the acorns evenly apart. I also alternated between three fall colors, green, yellow, and orange.
- construction paper
- template (acorn top is larger than acorn bottom)
- hemp string
- clothes pins
- Download my template
- Trace top of acorn and cut out shape
- Told top of acorn accordion style
- Trace and cut bottom of acorn
- Glue to top of acorn
- Cut three pieces of hemp string, braid, tie knots at end of braids
- Clip acorns on string
- Hang around your house or classrooms
As with all of our freebies, this is a personal/classroom use product only. It is not for commercial use.
Stay connected with us for the latest and greatest here at The Classroom Creative:
Karen & Nicolette