Counting with one-to-one correspondence is the most critical math skills children gain in the primary grades, so repetition is key! This Valentine’s Day math center turns much needed daily practice into a fun and interactive game. Roll, count, and cover is a favorite approach to basic numeracy at our homeschool and was a big part of my math centers rotation in my primary grade classrooms.
Slide the math center into a page protector and use a dry erase marker to save on paper. We use the dabber markers to cover the numbers as we roll the answers. Each team uses different colored dabber markers so we can easily see who wins at the end of the game!
Download this fun math center:
Valentine’s Day Math Center Freebie
- As with all of our freebies, please note that this is a personal/classroom use resource.
- It may not be hosted on other web pages.
- If you feature or pin this, please link to this page and NOT the pdf file. Thank you!
Need more fun resources for Valentine’s Day? Check out our
Valentine’s Day Emergent Reader Bundle
(covers colors, 5 senses and numbers!)
Stay connected with us at The Classroom Creative:
- Google :: Instagram :: bloglovin’
- Facebook :: Pinterest :: Twitter
- Email :: Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy this math center!
Sharing @ Tatertots and Jello, Classroom Freebies, & Teaching Blog Addict