Want to make your students’ adjective vocabulary more accurate and specific? Create our Mother’s Day Sun Craft! It broadens your student’s adjective palette with descriptive words about the sun that can also be descriptive about their mothers!
30 plus years later I can still remember my second grade teacher Ms. Beth pointing to her available thesauruses for descriptive writing. It’s still a great idea to have thesauruses for students to look through or use the ipads thesaurus.
You can also do this activity as a class. Brainstorm a list of adjectives that describe mothers and write them on the chalkboard.
- Mother’s Day sun printable
- yellow and orange construction paper
If you use our template:
- Write descriptive sentences in marker on the strips provided. Draw your mother’s portrait in the center circle. Remember, markers before crayon.
- Color strips and center circle with crayons.
- Cut out strips and circle.
- Glue strips to circle to create a sun.
If you choose to use construction paper:
- Cut out one inch strips of yellow and orange construction paper.
- Write descriptive sentences on each strip of construction paper.
- Create mom portrait on center circle and cut out.
- Attach construction paper strips to the center circle of the sun.
Download our Mother’s Day Activity!
As with all of our freebies, please note that this is a personal/classroom use resource. It may not be hosted on other web pages. If you feature or pin this, please link to this page and NOT the pdf file. All art and wording is copyrighted.
Find out which student of yours has a secret agent mom with our Mother’s Day Secret Agent Writing Activity!
Stay connected with us at The Classroom Creative:
- Google :: Instagram :: bloglovin’
- Facebook :: Pinterest :: Twitter
- Email :: Teachers Pay Teachers :: Teacher’s Notebook
Happy Mother’s Day!
This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon, links to our TpT shop.