One of our favorite Valentine’s Day books is The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond. We just can’ t get enough of Cornelia Agusta. We created a three dimensional heart craft to accompany the book. Add a writing component on the hearts or cloud and make it rain happy thoughts at home or in your classroom!
- The book The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond
- Our heart templates or create your own hearts!
- Construction paper in white, red, pink, and purple
- a marker
- Download our hearts template or create your own!
2. Fold construction paper according style trace or draw a heart. Cut out.
3. Fold hearts in half and glue two sides together.
4. Add yarn and put glue on the entire back of the third heart and attach capturing the string inside the 3D heart.
5. Draw a cloud and cut it out.
6. Punch a hole in the cloud and tie the heart to the cloud. Repeat these steps for the other hearts.
We have a whole stockpile of Valentine’s Day ideas to help you create a festive day for your kids. Just CLICK HERE!
Stay connected with us at The Classroom Creative: