We often bird watch in the winter. It’s exciting when we spot winter birds such as cardinals and robins. Which got me to thinking, why not create a bird craft out of shapes for the kids. Simply print out my free cardinal template and have the kids craft a mixed media bird! Added bonus: the kids will work on their fine motor skills. This craft will surely brighten any classroom or home!
Winter Cardinal Craft for Kids
CARDINAL CRAFT & TEMPLATE
- Cardinal Template
- white card stock for templates
- red, black, orange, and blue construction
- paint brush
- white crayon or white oil pastel
1. Print my free cardinal template.
2. Have the kids trace around the templates to create the bird with construction paper or print it out and watercolor it. See below.
2. Cut and assemble the cardinal.
3. Fold the beak then attach it. Add googly eyes!
4. Use a white crayon or oil pastel to make snowflakes in the background.
5. Here is this cute little guy made out of construction paper.
Here he is made using watercolor.
Grab our winter craft pack for more art activities!
Stay connected with us at The Classroom Creative: