No animal has more of a distinctive coat than the zebra! Today’s craft is about recreating those fingerprint-like stripes into a mohawk zebra hat mask! Below are my guided instructions to create this easy zoo creature. It’s prefect for pretend play. My kids enjoyed braying like zebras all afternoon!
- white cardboard or newspaper
- black marker or paint
- clear packing tape
- Cut out a long nose in a rectangular shape narrowing at the top. Use cardboard or stacked newspaper and roll it at the bottom to represent the mouth.
- Cut out the mohawk mane with cardboard and fan.
- Cut out two ears with the cardboard.
- Create stripes with paint or marker on the nose, mane, and ears.
- Tape all the parts together.
- Pretend to bray like a zebra and have fun!
Add these fun resources to your zoo units!
Stay connected with us at The Classroom Creative:
I hope you enjoy making zebra masks!
This post my contain affiliate links to Amazon and links to our TpT shop.