Making Christmas crafts with kids creates some of the best memories of the year. Combine crafting with a love of Christmas books and you have a recipe for a perfect and functional Christmas craft. All you need is a box, about ten minutes, and a few very inexpensive materials.
This Santa belly box craft will invite your little ones (and those who are addicted to picture books) to read all season long. At last count, this trusty box held seventy-five of our Christmas books, with room to grow!
- an empty Bankers’ box, diapers box, etc.
- two rolls of red duct tape ala Dollar Tree
- black and yellow felt
- hot glue sticks and glue gun
- Cover the box with red duct tape. My 5 year old adored this part!
- Cut a “belt” from black felt, and the “buckle” from yellow felt.
- Hot glue in place.
- Fill with all your favorite holiday books!
- Dig in and read!
p.s. If you have brand-new readers in your house this holiday season…check out our Christmas Emergent Readers. Fun with a simple font, graphics, and sentence structure. Print, Cut, and Enjoy!
Stay connected with us at The Classroom Creative:
- Google :: Instagram :: bloglovin’
- Facebook :: Pinterest :: Twitter
- Email :: Teachers Pay Teachers :: Teacher’s NotebookMerry Christmas and Happy Reading!Nicolette