Need a simple art project for Earth Day? Use our free heart-shaped Earth template with your students for a simple and graphic Earth Day craft! With Earth Day approaching, we headed to the library to find Earth Day read-alouds. We love The Earth and I by Frank Asch. The watercolored illustrations in Asch’s book inspired our watercolor Earth Day Craft.
To celebrate Earth Day, create our Earth Day Craft and grab our reduce, recycle, and reuse writing activities to complement it!
- Earth Day printable (below)
- crayon or glue (for the resist technique)
- card stock
- Download the Earth Day printable below.
- Use crayon or glue (we used glue) to create a watercolor resis barrier on the black lines.
- Watercolor blue and green between the lines.
- Cut out the Earth Day heart and hang!
Grab our free template for an Earth Day Craft
As with all of our freebies, please note that this is a personal/classroom use resource. It may not be hosted on other web pages. If you feature or pin this, please link to this page and NOT the pdf file. All art and wording is copyrighted.
Help inspire your children to be earth conscious with our Earth Day Activity Pack
Stay connected with us at The Classroom Creative:
- Google :: Instagram :: bloglovin’
- Facebook :: Pinterest :: Twitter
- Email :: Teachers Pay Teachers :: Teacher’s Notebook
Happy Earth Day!