Looking for a unique Valentine’s Day bulletin board idea? Use our Valentine’s Day art project that studies the some of the elements of art: line and color. This craft is inspired by the Cubism movement. Our class looked at works by Pablo Picasso and Georges Braque for inspiration. Create this simple Valentine’s Day craft by following the instructions below. This Valentine’s Day project also make an easy Valentine’s Day gift for parents!
- print my heart template
- cool and warm colored crayons
- black marker
Valentine’s Day Art Project
1. Print out my heart shape.
2. Draw two horizontal lines, two vertical lines, and two diagonal lines. Have the kids rotate their papers to make this easier for them. For younger kids, make sure to remind them to draw from the top of the page to the bottom of the page. Also show them how to place their fingers on the ruler to keep it steady.
3. Have students place warm colors inside of the heart. Remind them not to place two of the same colors next to each other. Only have warm colors available during these instructions. This helps them to avoid placing colors in the wrong areas.
5. Back them with construction paper and hang them on your bulletin boards! They would also make great Valentine’s day gift for parents!
Valentine’s Day Bulletin Board Idea
Learn more about the Elements of Art with our heart inspired packet!