Pumpkin crafts are a great way to decorate the walls of your classrooms, windows or hallways. Even those fall and Thanksgiving bulletin boards! This painted glitter pumpkin craft is something your preschoolers and kindergarteners are going to love to create! Help build your children’s fine motor skills and sensory processing with this fun activity for fall, Halloween, or Thanksgiving!
- gold glitter or small gold sequins
- if you are going to mix colors, yellow and red paint or just orange paint (we used washable fingerpaints)
- paint brush, sponge, or fingers
- two mixing bowls or paper plate for mixing
- green construction paper
- On white construction paper, draw out your pumpkin.
- Cut out pumpkin.
- This is a great time to introduce secondary colors by mixing red and yellow to make orange. When mixing colors, always add a little of the darker primary color to the lighter primary color. Add more of the darker primary color to achieve the desired secondary color. In this case, orange. Paint the pumpkin orange.
- Sprinkle gold glitter or small gold sequins on the pumpkin while the paint is still wet. Set aside to dry.
- Draw a stem using green construction paper.
- Cut the stem and glue it to the pumpkin.
My children enjoyed finger painting. I guess the messier the better! Sprinkle or place the sequins on the pumpkin to make it sparkle. Hang to display! Hop over to my acorn craft for more fall decorative fun.
Stay connected with us at The Classroom Creative:
- Google :: Instagram :: bloglovin’
- Facebook :: Pinterest :: Twitter
- Email :: Teachers Pay Teachers :: Teacher’s Notebook